Sunday, January 20, 2008

Finally Back from Travels

I just got back from Arizona and that's IT - no more travelling for a while, hopefully. Being away from Craig and Jack was hard. We aren't the kind of couple that can be apart for any length of time and be okay with it, especially since we've had Jack. I appreciate people that can go on business trips and conferences for weeks on end and not mind being away and I'm probaby a bit wet - but I'm a homebody I guess. Coming through the security gate last night and seeing them both stood there was just great. I have been giving far too many hugs and kisses to Jack ever since - poor boy.


I took this shot from my window seat as we were coming into the Phoenix area. The desert just always amazes me! We had been flying for about 1,000 miles over desert and gorges with no one in sight. We also flew over the Rio Grande. The lady I sat next to was from New Mexico and she gave me some great travel ideas about Santa Fe and Taos and the Chiricahua Mountains where they have tons of hummingbirds (oh, and rattlesnakes).


While in Phoenix I got to have dinner with an ex-student who lives there now. She took me to Cooperstown - a restaurant owned by Alice Cooper. All the waiters wore the eye make-up too which was pretty funny.

So all-in-all, a good time but I'm happy to be home with the family....

No comments: