Friday, December 28, 2007

Mr Independent

Since our trip home Jack has changed. He's become very "grown-up" and is no longer a baby. That probably sounds far-fetched but it's true. It's as if being thrown into the arms of strangers over the holiday has made him more mature, more independent.

We visited 10 houses, slept at 3 different locations and met with dozens of family and friends who all immediately scooped him up and showered him with kisses. He didn't cry. He didn't even squirm and and run for me after a while. He didn't get upset or stop eating or anything.

I've watched him this last week and I think he's going to be very independent. He already won't let me hold his fork/spoon/book/drawing paper etc. Maybe that's normal (?) but it seems amazing to me that a little human being only 18 months old can have such a strong personality and be so autonomous.

I do hope that doesn't mean he won't want my kisses and cuddles. That would break my heart.

No comments: