Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rabbits, Buckeyes, Little Monkeys

Car Update
After some helpful advice from people (thank you) I have decided to at least start looking at another car. So, I've been doing a spot of reading up and I like the VW diesel Rabbit. I'd really like the new diesel Touareg but we don't have 60 k handy. The reason for diesel? Well, we had a diesel car in England and we LOVED it - the fuel economy was amazing and the fuel burns clean so it's got better environmental-friendliness than both gas and hybrids. Now, the trouble is that clean diesel has only been in the States since May 2007 so getting hold of a diesel car is going to be hard. I did see a Jetta TDI today while we were out shopping but they still look too much like a "Euro box" for my liking. Will keep you posted.


---------------------------
Beloved Buckeye's Loss
I went to the stinking game yesterday. When I left the stadium and rang Craig we were both obviously upset at the loss to Illinois. But after 24 hours to reflect I've come to the conclusion that it might not be a bad thing. We're a young team and our schedule this year wasn't super tough. I'd hate to go into a BCS Championship and get our arses handed to us again by an SEC team. That would be WAY too much to bear. I still haven't recovered from the last time - I don't think any Buckeye fan has. I'm very proud of our student athletes - I think they had an awesome year and I'm excited to see us beat the blue scum next Saturday and get a chance at the Big 10 title.
Tomorrow night & all this week it's the HBO Special "Michigan versus Ohio State: The Rivalry" I'm so excited to see it as Matt & Gina's tailgate in the Minnie Winnie is on there!
-----------------------------
Jack the Lad's Antics
Lastly, a Jack story and short video - not related to each other.
First the story - I was sat in the living room yesterday morning and Jack toddled off into the kitchen. Craig was walking Cody. I didn't run after Jack as the kitchen is child-proof and the gate was across the stairs.
After about 30 seconds I hear this low noise: "mmmmmmm, splish, mmmmmmm, splish, mmmmmmm, splish"
I say "Jaaaack - what are you up to?"
No response but again "mmmmmmmmmm, splish"
I go to investigate and I find...
Jack, holding up his plastic golf club to the fridge water dispenser and he's dispensing water all over the kitchen floor. WHERE did he learn that? Little bugger.
-------------------------------
A short video of Jack being generous with his cheesy cheddar goldfish......


-------------------------------

Last but not least, Happy Birthday to Sheila! My step-mum and Jack's Grandma.

No comments: