Thursday, November 15, 2007

Eggs are my Best Friend Right Now

This was Jack last night - hanging out with us, sat on Matt's knee.

When he woke at 6.30am this morning and I went to his room he'd been sick everywhere & was really pale. He perked up enough that Craig tootled off to work so I gave him his milk, which made a fast and furious exit all over the kitchen. I won't be too detailed but it was so appalling that I stood looking at him in stunned silence for about 10 seconds before I realised what was going on. He looked back at me, equally stunned and then I had some kind of brain shut-down because I couldn't remember the doctors number, or even how to call up the address book on my phone. It took me about a minute to gather myself and call the Doc, who informed me it was a bug and to try and get him to drink Pedialyte. She sounded like I'd woken her up from her sick bed and was a bit blunt. She actually finished off by telling me to "brace for a messy morning" and hung up. Oh, thanks.

Craig brought some Pedialyte & stayed long enough for me to get Jack's bedding & clothes into the washing machine. As I was rinsing Jack's pants I felt something in the pocket and pulled out a green plastic pickle! Those moments make you calm down and smile to yourself.

He was okay the rest of the day and I've managed to keep some food and fluid in him, with just one more sick episode this afternoon. Fingers crossed he's over it and is now in bed asleep.

I tried to give him bland food today - toast, egg, cheese and biscuits. Egg was definitely the food that got the thumbs-up from Jack and seemed to stay down. Gerber's chicken noodle & carrots, errr, not so much. After I "Googled" this subject tonight some tips talked about "BRAT" - bananas, rice, apple sauce & toast. Anyone else got ideas?

No comments: