Wednesday, October 17, 2007

This girl is on my LIST!

I'm taking a physics class right now and it's REALLY hard. I'm one of the oldest in a class full of bright young things and I'm trying to keep up without asking too many questions that will draw attention to the fact that years of alcohol abuse have killed off my brain cells.

So tonight we are learning about gas diffusivity in soil and the instructor is telling us how to measure it. I'm just about hanging on by a thread and don't want to appear stupid but I'll probably have do this for my research so I need to know the answer. It went something like this...

Me: "Ahhem, excuse me Dr. Ed, can you tell me what "REV" stands for please?"

Instructor: "Representative elementary volume, which is..."

RUDE know-it-all little prick of a student: "Dr. Ed, I do believe you covered that in a previous lecture"

Me (in my head): "WTF"????????

The rest of the lecture I should have spent hanging on his every word like I normally do, but all I could do was stare at the back of her head and fantasize about poking her in both eyes with forks and hoping I meet her one night in a dark alley.

No comments: