Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm a Numpty

Today we had the second visit to the doctors in a week.

Last week we went because of Jack's dry skin on the back of his neck, and the doctor told us to rub cream into it (Durrr)

Today I took him because for the last 10 days I've noticed a small lump the size of a pea on his neck, just under his left ear.

Of course I've been thinking it has to be something serious - I mean it's a LUMP, so has to be something like a cyst or a tumor? As you can imagine I've been worried to death about it, so off we trundled again to our lovely Pediatrician.

It's a swollen lymph gland because he has a cold. I felt a bit silly but the Doc was so nice about it and even got a book out to show me where all the lymph glands are around the head and explained why they get big during illnesses. He gave Jack a thorough check-over, said he's a healthy little bugger and away we came.

I wish I was more worldy-wise in the skills of motherhood!

No comments: