Sunday, August 05, 2007

Films: 2 Hits, 1 Miss...

We watched 3 films this weekend - The Simpsons, Number 23, and Hot Fuzz and I'd rate them (in order): Fab, dire, and good.

The Simpsons made me laugh and went too fast. Two things amazed me during this film that I'll remember. First off, we saw Bart's willy! Second, I CRIED during this film. Really. There's a video message from Marge to "Homey" where she tells him that she can't take anymore and I cried. We're going to have to watch the DVD too because we left during the credits and as we were walking out we heard Maggie say her first word but I didn't hear what it was.

Number 23 - Could have been a great film but REALLY wasn't.

Hot Fuzz - I was expecting the same fantastic effort from "Sean of the Dead" and it was okay but not great.

I started "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hossein on Friday and I'm 3/4 of the way through. So far, it's as good as the Kite Runner and I'm hooked. Some of the things endured by the people in his books are unimaginable. I keep saying to Craig how lucky I feel to be born into my life. In 1995 my girlfiend, Jo, and I went to Marrakesh for 2 weeks on an adventure. We went out into the Atlas Mountains and met Berber tribesmen and their families that lived in caves without any water or sewage and I always think about them. They had a "special" room in the cave that had a blanket on the floor and a photograph of America on the wall. I'll never forget it.

Another great thing this weekend - Craig cooked me dinner on Saturday and I think it was the best thing I've eaten EVER!. He made lamb chops cooked in red wine vinegar, mint & honey and we had mashed potatoes and gravy on the side. Scrumptious!

Finally, Jack has 2 new words: ball and yeah. He's also started doing this really funny talking that I can't describe but I'll try and get some video to post later.

No comments: