Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Time to get Excited!

Two postings in 1 day! Sorry about that but I just came down to check my e-mail and my friend JT had sent me a short movie about the Buckeyes and I just had to share it and then got even more excited about the team.

Quick synopsis for English family & friends - At The Ohio State University all of their sports teams are called "Buckeyes" because the state tree is the Buckeye. A Buckeye is a "conker". It's called a buckeye because they say the conker nut looks like a dear's (buck's) eye. Bloody hell this is getting complicated. Anyhoo..... Craig and I LOVE the Buckeye football team BUT...

For those of you that don't know, the OSU Stadium field (pitch) has gone synthetic (like Astroturf) so I've been in mourning for several months and it's been really hard to feel good about the Buckeyes because of it. These videos (thanks JT) have helped a lot to make me feel a bit excited about the new season and our new team.

The first video is a basement DIY project for someone who wanted to turn their basement into the "Shoe" (Ohio State college football stadium). The stadium is 3rd in the USA for size and seats 105,000 and it's hallowed turf, oh sorry, plastic.

You know, it's a mental thing that these people have done but something I see myself doing in about 10 years :-)



The second video is a summary of 2006 when we were number 1 and favourites to win the National Championship but got beaten BADLY by Florida. Awwww, I still hurt, it's painful. It's nice to see Teddy Ginn's touchdown again and Troy with the Heisman & this video has given me Buckeye fever but still WHY WHY WHY? Ohhh, I don't think I'll ever get over it.


GO BUCKS!

No comments: