Wednesday, April 11, 2007

No More Warm Milk & Lullabys...

Jack had his 9 month Docs visit yesterday for his check-up & shots. Here are his statistics:

  • Weight: 21.15 lbs (60th percentile)
  • Height: 29.25 inches (80th percentile)
So, I think that means he's going to be a normal weight but tall, which is fine by me. My grandad was very tall and my uncles are all beanpoles. He was such a little trooper when he had his injections and didn't even cry. We're VERY lucky as he's always been a happy boy - as you can see from the picture on the right, he smiles so hard it would be impossible to smile anymore.

Tonight he & Cody stood by the screen door and watched the thunderstorm roll through. I thought it was such a lovely image of Jack and his dog that I had to take a picture. Cody is really good with him, even though he tries to pull Cody's fur and ears and last week we found a big clump of hair which looked like the end of Cody's tail. We try to keep an eye on things but Jack's getting so quick now it's hard.

Okay, so this just solidifies that these two are 2 peas in a pod, watching the telly together and staring with those big blue eyes. Sometimes I see my sister, Jenny, in Jack's face but it's only fleeting moments. Most times he looks like this - the spitting image of his old man!

Lastly, Jack has reached a major milestone this week - he's SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! He sleeps from 7pm to 6 or 7am without waking up to be fed. You might think we'd both be dancing round the living room singing "happy days are here again" but I'm actually a bit sad because now I get to see him even less. I used to go into his bedroom before I went to bed, turn his night light on & he'd wake up all sleepy but give me a big smile and reach for me. We'd sit in a rocking chair and he'd have his warm milk while I sang a lullaby to him. Ho hum...

2 comments:

pringy said...

What is buckeye

Pam said...

Hello Dave! Please do a blog! We would love to see what you & Doreen are up to.
A Buckeye is a conker - it's the state mascot.
xxx