Wednesday, January 10, 2007

It's Only a Game

One of the people at work just said that to me and I wanted to say "no, it's not, you idiot, it's EVERYTHING!" Course, I'm a big chicken so I actually said nothing.

Our beloved Buckeyes got thumped by Florida 41-14 in the BCS National Championship Game Monday. Their faces portray my sentiments exactly. Craig & I stopped watching the game in the 4th quarter. I have NEVER done that before but I just couldn't take anymore - it was like watching a car wreck or something.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to matter that we ended the season 12-1, beat Michigan and Troy Smith got the Heisman. Maybe Monday's game is still too raw. I still love you Buckeyes but ohhhhh, it's painful right now.

Then I see England Cricket got whitewashed by the Aussies in the Ashes and Everton FC lost at the weekend, so are out of the FA Cup. Arghh, what's happening to all my favourite teams???

Next up, my favourite boxer, Ricky Hatton, comes to Las Vegas January 20th to fight for the IBF light welterweight title. Come on Ricky! You're my last hope for something to cheer about this winter.

Today they are saying that David Beckham's probably not going to stay at Real. I hope he comes to the USA! Course it will probably be the LA Galaxy but at least we'd get to see him at a Crew game.

No comments: